Hi,

I looked at MySQL a bit. All languages except Java connect to MySQL
with a C library. Java (as well as REBOL) can't do this in a portable
way, so there's a JDBC driver written in Java which connects with a TCP
socket (and a binary protocol). It's available with source (LGPL
licensed) at http://www.worldserver.com/mm.mysql/

The code that's required to connect and issue a SQL command is quite
small and I think it should not be too hard to rewrite in REBOL.
Bigger problem is interpreting record sets in binary and converting
them to some useful REBOL "structures".

--
Michal Kracik