> Now that you've got my wheels spinning, would it be possible to develop a
real-time chat application in REBOL? I'm not talking about a situation
where
you type a message, hit <enter>, and then send a string. I'm talking about
sending ASCII AS IT IS TYPED to a port which is sent via tcp/ip to a
terminal
window (or a view layout?) The ASCII then appears in real-time, backspaces
and all, on the receiving end.

Check out multisession.r (on rebol.org, I think). It needs some work to be
a "chat server" but it has all of the network and i/o basic functionality
for it. I've been slack in working on my server lately, but I've achieved
chat server status (at the least). I actually wanted buffered i/o (line not
sent until the user presses return) and couldn't get rebol to do it
automatically, so I had to scan the input for eol manually. I could have
just as easily sent out the characters as they were typed. Np.

Now, to do this with a REBOL/View client featuring an input window and an
output window, would be even cooler. I'm using telnet to connect to my
server.

Is it possible? Certainly :)

- Michael Jelinek