I have read and re-read the sections
REBOL the official guide. about errors.
(eg. pages 276 and following)

Then I put together a function to log errors called log-event (with a
refinement for handling disarmed error objects).
The log-event function will then log the date, time, script name, "error",
and molded error object.

if error? error: try [send  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  {test} ][                   ;
this will probably force an error
   log-event/error system/script/header/file "error" (disarm error)     ;
since go.go is not a valid domain
 ]

It works great if there is an error,
however, if there is not an error, you get this other error message.-->

if error? error: try [send  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  {test} ][     ; this will
probably NOT force an error
   log-event/error system/script/header/file "error" (disarm error)   ; and
I'll get your test message
 ]

** Script Error: error needs a value.
** Where: if error? error: try [ send [EMAIL PROTECTED] {test} ]

Because error does not receive a value when it
interprets " error: try " -- since there is not an error.

So then I tried...

if error? error: try [send  [EMAIL PROTECTED] {test} (disarm error) ][
; not in the book, but I was just trying stuff
            log-event/error system/script/header/file "error" (disarm error)
 ]

This is bad because the script runs for a while but it is constantly
disarming error that never really occured....

This sort of works but fills up my log file with junk and then
eventually the program crashes with a garbage collection error.

Douglas Vos - EDS/GM-BSU Webmaster
e-Mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]