Hey Ryan,
no prob, but I am no expert either--I probably dont even clear amatuer level when
it comes to unix style OS's.

The more I think about it, you should not have to this to often since the proper
soft links normally exist when you install a system the regular way.  But as a
just in case measure, I will run you through it.

These library files work like windows dll's (from my hardly amatuer perspective
anyhow).  They also appear to be backward compatable to an extent.

To find out which libraries a program such as REBOL requires, just use the ldd
command.  ldd is found in or around gcc.  If ldd says you are missing a required
lib, it maybe that you can soft link it to a slightly newer lib.

Here is an example from posting 337301, "[REBOL] Rebol for Debian Linux Re:":

 # cd /lib
 # ln -s libncurses.so.5 libtermcap.2.so
 # ldconfig

Here REBOL expected libtermcap.2.so, yet libmcurses.so.5 happen to be a worthy
subsititute. So a soft link for libtermcap.2.so was created pointing to
libmcurses.so.5.

--Ryan

--

* Ryan Cole *
Programmer Analyst

;Fortuneately escape will cancel this endless loop...
Forever [ buy microsoft version: version + 1 ]