Gabriele wrote:
> > But then again you need the compiler in the runtime; I have doubts that
such a "REBOL compiler" could be dramatically faster than the current
interpreter. If you, instead, express the speed critical parts with an ad
hoc designed compilable dialect, and then compile those, you get a dramatic
speed improvement with just a little effort.

pekr wrote:
> sounds interesting, is it achievable? What would such "dialect" look like,
what exactly should be its purpose? Could you explain a little bit, please?

I could imagine an assembler dialect something like:

stuff: 1234

ASM [
    lda Stuff
    add 1

That could be interesting in Rebol/Command, arbitrary binary code in a
script.

Andrew Martin
Not Gabriele...
ICQ: 26227169