[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On 9/23/2000 at 4:14 PM [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > 1)Self-employed curmudgeons like myself.
> > 2)Programmers for large organizations, like  government,
> municipalities.
>
> And then there's  someone like me, a self-employed curmudgeon who
> contracts with larger organizations, who says "wow" or "is it"
> depending on whether it's for me or another organization.

And then there are just plain cranky old goats like me, who will
in a typical day/week be using HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, MacOS, and
a growing list of "W" variations -- who is TOTALLY FED UP with
having to write the same code more than once, whether its for
day-pay, private consulting, volunteer work, personal enjoyment,
self-education, or whatever.

Which is why any tool that is not supported on every platform I
routinely use (or may [have to] use in the future) is of little
interest to me.  (Even though circumstances may force me to be
"flexible" on occasion ;-)

-jn-