"It's kind of spectacular that Google can produce an
accessible search and STILL not make a best-practice search form or
results page"

Anyone have experience working with the Google Search Appliance (GSA)? Our
Web site is scheduled to launch in two days, ready of not. We struggled
with integrating the GSA into our Web site because of the difficulty
modifying their code so the results page would validate.  We had to remove
many of the features that make Google search results great(and the GSA
expensive). We will continue to work with the code so we can add back the
features after launch.  Any advice or examples of a successful
implementation of GSA?

A temporary link to our production site is
http://cumminspower-prd.cummins.com/. This weekend it may replace our
current site at http://cumminspower.com.  (The new site is red the old site
blue.) Note that we have not updated this temporary site with changes made
on development in the past few days so it is far from perfect but helpful
comments would be appreciated.

David Vinge

There are two ways of constructing a Web site;
1 Make is so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies.
2. Make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
The first method is far more difficult.

             Ben Buchanan
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by:                  wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             rdsgroup.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [WSG] Google Accessible Search
             07/20/2006 07:09          Released
             PM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 roup.org

> I sent the team the following email this morning...
> Subject: A nice first step...

Well said. It's kind of spectacular that Google can produce an
accessible search and STILL not make a best-practice search form or
results page! :)

But it does at least show that it is possible to rank accessible sites
higher than tag soup; perhaps we should by lobbying Google to add this
to their general search.

-Ben

--
--- <http://www.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not

This e-mail transmission and any attachments to it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain
confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the intended
recipient, your use, forwarding, printing, storing, disseminating,
distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you
by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.