Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
i've been experimenting all night and firefox doesn't want to render the svg file at all. i get a download dialog box about the svg file. i just now found out there is not a svg plugin in the download actions dialog of my copy and it is the latest update. could someone point me in the direction to get the svg plugin that is supposed to be native to firefox. i'm really disappointed.

http://www.alforddesigngroup.com/sandbox/svg-test-1.html

maybe someone has a copy of firefox that will render the svg file on this page natively.

Same thing happening on my copy of 1.5

Your markup seems right, so I'd check the server configuration to make sure it's sending out the correct MIME type for .svg files

http://jwatt.org/svg/authoring/#server-configuration

thanks for the link. i'm not sure what i was looking at, but i didn't see "image/svg+xml". i did see "image/png". i have placed a svg before and didn't have this problem. i suppose they could change the configuration.

dwain