After years of studying them all I use three:

Movable Type
Expression Engine
Wordpress

In that order.

Reasons?
They are easily configurable and accessible systems which allow changes and additions very easily.

Any cms you are thinking of, spend some time studying the templates and menu systems. Are they easy to access and make changes or are they all over the place? Any besides these I have found to be basically nuke lookalikes.

Complex, templates inside templates and inconfigurable without a steep learning curve that just isn't worth it.

I agree totally with Jeff Veen:
Making A Better Open Source CMS
http://www.veen.com/jeff/archives/000622.html

been there done that.

You can make any system strict if you want. Events calendar just add one on.
Or get one with an events calendar and spend two weeks trying to configure and learn the rest of it....

Bruce Prochnau
BKDesign Solutions

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elle Meredith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>