The best method I've found is to swap out stylesheets using _javascript_; here's an article on how  to do that, including the script should you choose this method:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/alternate/

This script supports cookies so the user's setting will be remembered next time the return to your site. Using em values for text size in your CSS will allow users to reliably resize text in *most* browsers (with the browser's font sizing feature) if _javascript_ is disabled.

I'm not discounting other methods, this is the one I found that works great.

Best of luck,

Chris Block

Tom Livingston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: listdad@webstandardsgroup.org

09/22/2006 07:45 AM

Please respond to
wsg@webstandardsgroup.org

"wsg@webstandardsgroup.org" <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
cc
Subject
[WSG] In-page font sizer

Hello list,

I’m looking for a simple, tried and true method of allowing a user to increase/decrease font size on a page – no, not by using browser settings.

You know... You see an icon of a big ‘A’ and a little ‘a’ and clicking them increases/decreases page font size...

Any links to examples/how-tos are appreciated. Off-list replies are fine if this will avoid a ‘mines better’ war.

Thanks!

--
Tom Livingston | Senior Multimedia Artist | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | mlinc.com