>I'd appreciate any comment that would help me improve this menu:
>http://www.tjkdesign.com/articles/new_drop_down/AB.asp

It's functional enough from what I can tell (been playing with it in
FF), but not terribly user-friendly.
I wouldn't use it.  It requires some serious dexterity and hand-eye
co-ordination at times (as is common with pure-CSS methods).
For example, click on Airlines: S-T or U-Z and try and go to one of the
sub-sections.  You have to make sure you go straight down with your
mouse a few notches and then left (or curve).  If you try and do a
straight diagonal line to the nearest button, more often than not, you
lose it!

+1

How many more times do we have to prove that we can use CSS for
behaviour just to realise that it was never meant for it?

CSS behaviour is a one trick pony - everything works with pseudo
selectors and those don't get applied cross-browser. In order to offer
keyboard support you even have to resort to nesting things inside
links which simply does not make sense semantically.

http://wait-till-i.com/index.php?p=327

--
Chris Heilmann
Book: http://www.beginningjavascript.com