On 11 Nov 2006, at 12:53:49, Nick Roper wrote:

Hi List,

At present we are using a variety of editors/platforms, but I'm looking to try and standardise. Are there any recommendations for cross-platform css/xhtml editors out there. Primary development platform will be Linux, but would be useful to have something that runs on Windows & Mac as well for use on laptops etc.

I use Eclipse, with various plugins to support assorted languages. It gives me syntax highlighting, autocomplete, and a lot of debugging functionality, whether I'm working with (X)HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Java, PHP, XSLT or just about anything else. It's open source, written in Java so it's cross-platform, and pre-packaged installations are available for many platforms; see <http:// www.eclipse.org/>.

HTH,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons