On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 03:14:51PM -0200, Rafael Mumme wrote:
> Is it safe to use this hack?

It's a hack, so no.

> .foo { background:red;width:100px;height:100px; }
> .ie-only.foo { background:blue; }
>
> It works in IE 6 and IE 7.

If by "it works" you mean that IE 6 and 7 get a red background while
other browsers get a blue background, then you'd be right.

Internet Explorer doesn't support combinations of multiple class
selectors.

> Will Microsoft support this in next versions of IE?

Support the hack? No, if the hack continues to work it will be because
they haven't gotten around to fixing the bug. They support conditional
comments (which, since they don't depend on bugs or lack of support in
CSS parsers, are rather more dependable).

Support combinations of multiple class selectors? I hope so.