Mihael Zadravec wrote:
that is rigt. I will stop doing that... But than again... Opera displays arrow even when cursor is positiond over the text...

Do you people think that they should change that because users maybe don't know if they can grab the text or not?

Might be confusing for a few minutes for an entirely new Opera user -
one that's switching from another browser.
Regular Opera users (like myself) don't become confused by that arrow,
since that's 'the norm' in Opera. We know we can select and grab what we
want.

It's mostly web designers and (would be) geeks that compare these things
across browser-land, and their/our views on "what's best" shouldn't
count all that much since they/we are not typical users.

Might be more confusing - for a little while at least, for any user with
any browser, if a site imposes a change from 'the normal' cursor(s)
across browser-land though.

So, better leave it to each browser to control its basic cursor(s), and
let those behind each browser decide if/when they want to make changes.
You can of course tell them what you think about the issue. I for one am
happy with it as it is now.

regards
        Georg
--