Elle Meredith wrote:
Hey,

Just got 3 questions that are actually on 3 separate subjects:

1. I have a flash slide show in a page header and the page's logo is positioned absolutely with higher z-index on top of the flash object but only some of the logo is on top of the flash slideshow. Every time a new image loads up in the flash movie, it hides part of the logo. If you hover on the logo, it comes back up till the next image loads.
Would you know why this happens?

Nick answered that, Flash is an activeX object in windows IE so like comboboxes it is rendered above everything else.

2. Situation is:
I declare a general rule that says that all my links will have border-bottom of some kind or background color when hovering on them.
Then I have an image that is also a link.
Even though I declare: a img {border-bottom: 0; background-color: none;}, it doesn't have any effect and I still get a border-bottom or can see background color on hover where I have padding around the image.
Why wouldn't it accept my second rule?

It has accepted it it's just that the rules you specified for the anchor tags themselves aren't the same as the rules you've specified for the images within the anchor tags. You could add a class to the anchor that contains the image to differentiate it like so:

a.img { border-bottom: 0; background-color: none; }

3. I recently added Google AdSense to my validated pages and it caused errors on my page. Is there anything I could do to still have pages that validate as XHTML strict?

You could put the ads in an iframe... not ideal. Google don't do good markup or valid anything really, you would probably be better off with xhtml friendly text link ads:
http://www.text-link-ads.com

Much appreciated any help,

Elle
http://waznelle.com