Yes I need work as well, but I would have to warn a client in writing that I would proceed to make a website as specified unless they took the responsibility under the 1992 Discrimination Act.

The doctor must do what is best practice evidence based medicine, not what the client wants. Web professionals have no certification, but they have many contractual legal responsibilities to clients in contract law and under the 1992 Act. The Olympics corporation was sued in Maguire v Sydney olympics, but it could have been the web design company.

I personally believe a professional should have nothing to do with invalid HTML or inaccessible websites!

In legal circles it would be lacking "due diligence" as the professional, a client is entitled to rely on your advice, yes I will make you that crap site, but sign here that I am exempt from supplying a best practice W3C validated 1992 Act Certified webpage and that I take no legal responsibility for making such inaccessible webpages!

Show them the option of an accessible site, sell the benefits it has, increased SEO results, legal compliance, company reputation, etc. etc. If they still want crap tell them to buy a copy of Dreamweaver.

if your client were later sued under 1992 Act, you could be the co-respondent and all that money you made and your possessions could be subject to an action against you. See the Gummerson case in the USA and Target case by the NFB.

http://www.hereticpress.com/Dogstar/Publishing/USAweb.html#targetstore

Even an uncertified web expert, must comply with contractual obligations of fitness for purpose, merchantable quality and Disability Discrimination laws.

Tim