Yeah I totally agree. I seriously doubt there are architects writing into
lists saying "we have to design a building that is beautiful AND
accessible"; they just incorporate both into every design.

Web should be the same, it should go without saying that it will be
accessible and it should look as beautiful as if it wasn't coded
specifically for accessibility.