From: listdad@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul
Novitski
Sent: Wednesday, 31 January 2007 11:10 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Creating link arrows/icons in css

At 1/30/2007 03:26 PM, Jason Bayly wrote:
>Has anyone got any examples or techniques to add
>an icon/image to the right of an anchor tag,
>specifically when the text wraps to a second
>line. Google doesn’t want to help today….

You can apply a padding-right to your anchor and
a background-image in that space.

a.with-icon
{
         padding-right: 20px;    /* a few pixels wider than the image */
         background: url("icon.gif") right center no-repeat;
}

I suggest background-position: right center; to
keep the icon vertically centered as font-size expands.

Regards,

Paul

Juniper Webcraft Ltd.
http://juniperwebcraft.com