Am 08.02.2007 um 00:47 schrieb Douglas Reith:

Hi All,
I'm thinking this should be a quick one because I'm pretty useless with CSS...

I know this will sound strange, but I don't have control over the whole HTML/CSS of the page. What I do have is control over a piece of text that is displayed which I want there to be some padding around so I did this:
But it only pushes the text to the left and doesn't add space to the top or the bottom. This:
does nothing unfortunately.

Am I using this totally the wrong way? (probably!) Can I use something else to fudge the same result?

P.S. Tested in FF and IE.

Thanks in advance,
Doug
--