On 2/15/07, Andrew Ingram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It's probably a useful tool for people inexperienced with CSS to get a
design up and running, but anyone who actually knows CSS shouldn't be
using the framework.

Exactly. I don't think it was ever really designed to be a CSS library for
everyone to use, it was for Yahoo to use on their own sites - that's why the
dimensions and restrictions on the type of layouts you can do are more of a
hindrance than anything else. If you are even just a little competent using
CSS, I'd avoid YUI CSS Grids - they are inefficient, non-semantic and don't
work unless you want to use the same layouts that Yahoo envisaged themselves
using.