On Feb 15, 2007, at 4:10 PM, Christian Montoya wrote:

On 2/15/07, Peter Ottery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
re -> I did a site, now client's client was wondering if I can update the
markup I did to YUI. Very strange request to me.

so if in 18 months time your client hires a different web
designer/developer to update their site they would have a LOT of valuable
information at their fingertips.

If in 18 months time your client hires a different web
designer/developer who actually knows what they are doing, they don't
need a framework to build off of. If you write solid CSS that's well
organized and commented, anyone should be able to work with it.

Thanks all for your opinion.

It appears that they are quite determind to want to use the YUI Grid CSS, and the reson seems no brainer and from someone who does not understand CSS layout at all. Quote: "To get under way and port our current site to the new design we only require a minimum level of YUI implemented - reset, fonts and grids".

I think my layout is superior than the YUI Grid CSS, will ask client for permission to post the URLs, maybe you can be a judge for me?

I don't understand the whole situation as I have no direct communication with them, the site I did is just one of the site from a department of the UC, and it seems that they want to use the YUI for other sites too, according to my client.
I tried!

tee