Jason Pruim wrote:
Okay... So at this point I truly hate IE...
This is in reference to: <http://www.raoset.com/>

Hmm. I think it may be the other way around :-) .
I can't figure out why the negative margins aren't truly applying the way they should be.
Nor can I. But then I didn't try, either.
I also noticed that the right column wasn't showing up in the pictures you sent. I don't have IE on my computer to check, is it just below the screen because of the negative margins issue? Or did it not show up at all?
It is there (I think). But I can't remember exactly where.

Any insight you could give I would greatly appreciate it.
Others on the list are better at providing insight and fixing things.

FWIW, my suggestion is:

Start with a clean sheet and an open mind. Use good practices (whatever that means :-) ). And, more important, start with a layout that is known to work cross-browser. Remember not to forget that layout is about /organizing information/ in a readable, usable, and accessible manner.

Code to Opera, Firefox, and Safari with very /frequent/ check-backs to IE/6.0 and IE/7.0. If you don't have IE-- get it. If you can't get it, find someone who has it.

Check your page(s) as you work cross-browser at 800, 1024 , and 1280 with healthy font-scaling (and with a sidebar in place).

Limit your palette to black, white, gray, and silver until all positioning and typography issues are resolved..

Tidy Online and the w3c validation services are your best friends.

If you would like some help with it write me off-list. If not, any of these <http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/> will work for you (if you do not violate them).
--
Jason Pruim
Best,