Tee G. Peng wrote:

The site is face-slapping beautiful for the first 80%, and then I
reach the footer and it's like I'm on a different site. Besides the
footer text being incredibly tiny, the lack of alignment among the
form elements makes it look like you just ignored designing that part
of the site. IMO, you should at least use some floats to give it a bit
of a "grid" appearance.

Hi Chris, I took another look, I think your layout as a whole lacks unity - you sure can do pretty design, but attention to detail distinguish a good design and a best design IMHO. Christian is right about the footer, apart from the issues he raised - input fields, radio buttons and textarea, and the text is too small , also, the grey isn't a very nice color there. Grey is a very complimenting color, but not in the case in your footer. I sometimes wonder, maybe it is a culture thing, for countless websites I have visited, that Korean and Hungarian designers are maestro of using grey color - they know exactly how, when to give grey to live, call out its emotion, make the layout pop by using blend, gradient, shadow or with other colors. This is very subjective view of me I supposed.

The footer gives an impression that you were in a rush to finish the job.

As for markup and CSS, improvement needed too. I learned from experience, that structural markup and CSS go hand in hand, you can't be a good CSS coder if you don't understand the use of structural & semantical markup. One of the obvious example is the use of classes. In the front page, the two images are not horizontally line up in Opera and Safari. I will use float instead.

In your qualification you listed "Strong foundation in web standards and accessibility guidelines" - I expect to see you site at least pass section 508.

tee

Hi Chris,

Its getting there, one thing you could try to make that form line up a little better is to wrap the form inputs with the associated label and then set 'display: block;' on the labels, this will also allow you use text-align. If you set 'text-align: right;' on the labels aswell it will make them line up nicely on that side, should be good a starting point for you. Use padding/margin as you see fit.

   I'll make an example tomorrow evening if you're still stuck.

   Rob