I see, thats exactly what I'm after doing for my bro Si's tree carving/sculpture website and the tree carving community in general. He goes to loads of events so It would be good to set up an events feed service he (and others) can subscribe to via the Magpie PHP... food for thought anyway.

If its for events maybe it might be good idea to consider including the extra rss+event tags for the dates of the events - http://web.resource.org/rss/1.0/modules/event/ (it looks like Magpie can use this format directly - there is an example of parsing a protest.net rss+event item on http://magpierss.sourceforge.net/)