It's pretty obvious that you are coding for IE first, then checking firefox....that never works.

Get it right in firefox first, them make an "IE only" stylesheet with the box model fixes.

*Joseph R. B. Taylor*
Sites by Joe, LLC
/Custom Web Design & Development/
Phone: (609) 335-3076
www.sitesbyjoe.com <http://www.sitesbyjoe.com>

Lisa Benham wrote:
Pretty pleeeease, see:

http://tinyurl.com/2gd54w <http://www.webmasterworld.com/re4.cgi?f=83&d=3258173&url=http://tinyurl.com/2gd54w>

and the css...

http://tinyurl.com/ynwq9d <http://www.webmasterworld.com/re4.cgi?f=83&d=3258173&url=http://tinyurl.com/ynwq9d>

Float hell, or... collapsed margins or...? Can't see straight any more. Deadliiiiine, for a site I just inherited...

I have validated, studied hard over MANY of the greatest new CSS books, and busted tail on this thing all weekend, to get a good, sound cross-platform CSS standard banner template from which to grind out a bunch of prototype html for waiting developers.

The painful irony... without my trying for this, is...

IE 7: (IE x.x being my client's main standard, eehhhhh... for their own VERY broad client base (support/customer service) Not that I trust it from what I know, but... The page looks almost perfect in IE7, apart from the dropped/hidden 3-item Login menu, top right. A float issue, I assume...? You can see this little login menu on it's own next line down, with a click-dragged cursor over it, if you try, if you care... I have to.) (Note: Login menu is now a <p>, not a <ul> so as not to fight with the other two main menu lists and all their list properties, to simplify.)

But the BIG SUCK...

Firefox 2.: (my baby and golden standard) The whole darn banner collapses UP, all to heck. Grrrrr!

Any and all help much appreciated... Hopefully much of it is a related issue.

Thank you!

PM

begin:vcard
fn:Joseph R. B. Taylor
n:Taylor;Joseph
org:Sites by Joe, LLC
adr:;;408 Route 47 South;Cape May Court House;NJ;08210;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:609-335-3076
tel;cell:609-335-3076
url:http://www.sitesbyjoe.com