There is a chrome adm template that will prevent it from installing in the
user directory. If you do not have that you really cannot control that
application.
Every app has TWO places you need to disable the autoupdate and manual
update, in addition to disabling it globally.

http://woshub.com/how-to-configure-google-chrome-via-group-policies/