My response to that is "ewww".  :)

Individual CPU monitoring is "interesting" to me but customers should
understand why they do this in the first place.

Normally - we monitor the CPU as a total of all cores - total cpu utilization.
When that is saturated - the box is impacted.  Makes sense, right?

The whole point of discovering individual CPU's - would be to monitor and
detect when a SINGLE processor was saturated.  This is only beneficial to do -
when trying to detect single threaded run-away applications, which consume 100%
of "Processor 0" or a single core.  While I couldn't call this a "rare"
condition to look for, it is something that most customers I speak with don't
understand.

So when I ask them "why did you enable individual CPU discovery?" .... I get
blank stares, shrugged shoulders, and people looking at each other.  This is
the kind of behavior that will cripple a monitoring system.  Everything you
monitor should be intentional, and understood.  Or it should be turned off.  :)

To add insult to injury - for years this didn't even work right.  SCOM didn't
always discover cores - it would discover sockets, which didn't align to the
perf counter instances.  Then we Windows changed from "Processor" object to
using "Processor Information" object - we updated part of the MP to cover this
but didn't change the discovery of the perfmon instance discovery - so these
weren't aligned and monitoring didn't even work.... this was overlooked because
it was an optional discovery that not many customers us.

Even in the latest MP's, this doesn't work 100%.  We do discover individual
cores, but the discovered perfmon instance actually isn't correct in
multi-socket boxes (I just discovered this looking into it now)

Now - your issue was more about not wanting CPU alerts during certain periods,
without putting the whole box into Maintenance mode.  Since we cannot put
"monitors" into maintenance mode - the best we can do is place instances of
specific classes into MM.  For the total CPU monitor - you have to put
instances of "Windows Server Operating System" into MM.  That's not the whole
box - but that will include rules and monitors targeting the OS.

If you want to put JUST the individual processors in MM during backups (which
honestly, is REALLY weird) AND the goal is to NOT get ANY cpu alerts during
backups - you'd have to make sure the "total" CPU monitor is disabled that
targets the OS.... since that instance won't be in MM.

Every request for help - should start with a BIG step back - and say "this is
what I am trying to accomplish" and then include any specific customizations
you have made from the default.  That helps others make sure they aren't
helping you shoot yourself in the foot.... but to understand the big goal, and
then discuss ways to accomplish it.