So we have had issues with servers registering properly in DNS after a
restart.  They seem to deregister as they shut down but then when they come
back up, the DNS servers do not have their address again.

It doesn't happen every time, or with the same servers every time.  The
servers are static IP addresses, but register in DNS dynamically.

If I find they haven't register, and I manually run ipconfig /registerdns,
then everything registers properly and works the way it should.

Any ideas?  DNS is AD enabled, servers are in the same domain.  We have
many many more servers which are rebooting and are not having issues
dynamically registering, and it's not these particular servers.  It just
seems that after a monthly patch cycle and reboot we have a handful (or one
or two) who lose their DNS.

Anyone seen anything like this?  We'd rather not have to set all the DNS
entries manually.