It is fun, Now I understand 'EV grin'. It goes (with me) maybe 7MPH or so. I really don't ride it much, so charging one at time is no big deal, but I may want to do something like that on the Beemer eventually.

Here's where I got it the controller. It's in the 36V section (CT-660B8)*: *

http://www.electricscooterparts.com/speedcontrollers.html#36v

There's a picture there. If you want some other pictures let me know.

I really figured I'd blow it out, but it seems to limit at 30A and didn't really get very warm. I was impressed.

I'm going to give it the kid of the guy that just gave me the 84 Mazda 626 glider (yet another project).

- SteveS

Andrew Wowk wrote:
That looks like a lot of fun. How fast does it go? Can you post any detailed pictures of the controller?

I noticed you are using one 12v charger. It is possible to rewire the batteries in parallel to charge them all at once. I posted something about how to do this, and I'm doing this on my motorcycle: Series/Parallel switching to charge in parallel... <http://visforvoltage.org/forum/3166-seriesparallel-switching-charge-parallel-part-2-simplified>

Regards,
Andrew in NM