I think you will need closer to 80-100 ahr of those batteries to get 50 miles.
With a 100 ahr pack of Nicads at 48 volts I had a 35 to 40 mile range at 50
mph.  The pack weighed 230 lbs.  Your lithiums will be quite a bit lighter and
since you are running at 72 volts instead of 48 you would have 50% more overall
capacity than I did.  Weight however is not much of a factor once you get up to
cruising speed.  Once you get up to speed it is mostly aeordynamics, and this
is one factor where all motorcycles suck.

With only a 50 ahr pack you are hoping to do 1 mile per ahr which I think is a
bit over optimistic except for at very low speeds.  You should compare notes
with some of the other 72 volt motorcycles and see how many ahrs per mile they
get.  I know at 48 volts I average 2.5 - 3 ahr per mile.

damon

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_052008