There's a German or Swiss made RC motor even larger, I have a link somewhere, but they told me it wouldn't stand continuous use. Which makes sense since its highly optimized for flying planes. So the longevity is a big concern, thanks for your comments.

What do you think about the heat? Does it need a fan and heat sink?

I was thinking you could gang two together, but then you could just buy a Lynch motor, without all the high-rpm hassle.

All there needs to be is a race class for small electrics, and somebody will start making suitable motors from scratch.

Andrew Wowk wrote:
I contacted Matt Shumaker to see if he knew of any more powerful RC motors.
He recommended this one:
http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBIES/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5139

There's also a 130v/rpm motor of similar size.

The main thing I noticed after purchasing the 180v/rpm motor is that the
windings are not varnished. The motors are probably only designed for a few
hundred hours of use if that. If planning to use it, I would first remove
the can and varnish the windings. Also, the windings didn't pass a 100v
megger test. They did pass a 2,000k ohm DC resistance test with a DVM
though. The phase to phase resistance was very low at 12.5 mohms.

There are no hall sensors. The motors need a special controller to take EMF
feedback from the windings themselves to sense position. Hence, it may take
some extra hall sensors to get these to work with a Kelly controller for
example.

They would make one heck of a powerplant for something like a Schwinn
scooter, or even a larger road scooter like an Oxygen Lepton. They wouldn't
be too bad for a dirt bike if the speed was kept slow enough.