In this article about the Chevy Equinox they make reference to NiMH batteries.
The reference is:  The Equinox Fuel Cell uses 35 kW of NiMH batteries in a
mild-hybrid configuration. In its next generation fuel cell vehicle, GM could
achieve a range exceeding 300 miles by reducing vehicle weight, having a more
battery-dominate full-hybrid design such as E-Flex, using its fifth generation
fuel cell, and by switching to lithium batteries.

I know there is a difference between kW and kWH.  It is my understanding that
when used with batteries it means that the battery holds 35000 watts of energy.
 This would push an electric vehicle 140 miles.  If I am mistaking would
someone explain the difference.

http://www.cleantechblog.com/2007/11/gm-takes-lead-with-110-hydrogen.html

Thanks ... Michael Bachrach