Hello Everyone,

Here's an email I received about an event coming up in September.

If anyone has an EV to bring to this event, please contact Bobette
Wolesensky.

Bobette would also like knowledgeable people to talk about EVs at the event.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am writing today to find out if you are available on Wednesday, September
24, 2008 from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. to be part of a "Transportation
Transformation" event at Palm Beach Community College in Boca.

Here's the plan:

*      9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. we will have a display of "alternative
transportation options" on display in the parking lot west of the student
center  We hope to have the following:

o        Your Scion (if you can come) or some other electric vehicle if you
can't come (hopefully someone from your club can be there if you can't!)

o        Smart Car/ZAP/Xebra from Foreign Affairs Auto

o        A bicycle (road safe, etc.) from Tropic Bikes

o        A scooter from the Vespa dealer

o        A hybrid driven by one of our faculty members

*      9:45-10:30 the displayers listed above would each do a 5-10 minute
presentation about the benefits of their type of alternative transportation
AND would offer students information about what needs to happen to bring
that alternative to scale (i.e., what needs to happen to make the type of
battery technology you use something available for widespread adoption?)

*      11-12:15 Panel Presentation with reps from the City of Boca, City of
Delray, Tri-Rail talking about what local political entities are doing to
make alternatives available

Best Regards,

R. Andrew Roddy

Public Relations Director