Great to see some good promos happening after the EVI! Good planning, Andrew!
Fran
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew
  Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:57 AM
  Subject: [FLEAA] EV Event

  Hello Everyone,

  Here's an email I received about an event coming up in September.

  If anyone has an EV to bring to this event, please contact Bobette Wolesensky.

  Bobette would also like knowledgeable people to talk about EVs at the event.

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  I am writing today to find out if you are available on Wednesday, September
24, 2008 from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. to be part of a "Transportation
Transformation" event at Palm Beach Community College in Boca.

  Here's the plan:

  ¨      9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. we will have a display of "alternative
transportation options" on display in the parking lot west of the student
center  We hope to have the following:

  o        Your Scion (if you can come) or some other electric vehicle if you
can't come (hopefully someone from your club can be there if you can't!)

  o        Smart Car/ZAP/Xebra from Foreign Affairs Auto

  o        A bicycle (road safe, etc.) from Tropic Bikes

  o        A scooter from the Vespa dealer

  o        A hybrid driven by one of our faculty members

  ¨      9:45-10:30 the displayers listed above would each do a 5-10 minute
presentation about the benefits of their type of alternative transportation AND
would offer students information about what needs to happen to bring that
alternative to scale (i.e., what needs to happen to make the type of battery
technology you use something available for widespread adoption?)

  ¨      11-12:15 Panel Presentation with reps from the City of Boca, City of
Delray, Tri-Rail talking about what local political entities are doing to make
alternatives available

  Best Regards,

  R. Andrew Roddy

  Public Relations Director