Hello all,

Just a quick question on view item in the document library.

At the bottom there is information including content type, version,
created at etc...

The created at  [date] seems to be getting date from the created field
which I believe is automatically set  when document is added or
uploaded.

The problem I have is when uploading it sets date and time for created
field to be the date I upload it (does not correspond to the document I
am uploading creation date).

I am using a auditing policy to review the documents after 2 years and
have added a custom column called original creation date and set the
policy to start workflow from this date.

But I can see the potential for confusion for users with the created
column and my custom column original creation date (manual input of
data) especially when this is displayed on the "view item page"

Is there a way to easily change the template for this form or change the
created to respresent the real creation date of document

Any help or advise is appreciated

Peter Milliner

Administrator

Bendigo TAFE