Hi

Just make sure you document things like GAC'd DLL's and any manual edits to web.config that developers have asked you to put in there. There are a few ways to enumerate the guts of a farm/ssp/site collection, but that sort of stuff gets easily missed and it is that stuff that will hurt you during a move or recovery.

From a governance point of view of documenting farms/sites, my mantra is if its not given to me as a solution, I ain't putting it on :-)

It's preferable to document, "deploy solution x, y and z" than it is to say "whack DLL x into GAC and edit web.config ... "

regards

Paul