From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Mulholland
Sent: Tuesday, 1 April 2008 11:28 AM
To: listserver@ozMOSS.com
Subject: RE: [OzMOSS] Importing 2003 discussion boards to moss

Yeah sorry about that. trying again

Hi guys

I am migrating a portal 2003 to another server and in the process taking the
chance to move to sharepoint 2007 on the new server.
Since the existing
server has only on web app with very small amount of content i have exported
most of the content to spreadsheets and imported.
However, i have 2 discussion forums which I am finding a pain to migrate.
Essentially what i tried was to save the site as a template with content
included and import that into the moss web app as it doesn’t allow you to
export to spreadsheet.
If I go to site  settings
and upload the template, even after restarting iis the template never shows up
when i go to build a new site with it.

I did manage to use the stsadm tool to import the template however when i
select it for my site I get and error saying the template is invalid. I think
this may be because it is being saved as a list template not a site template.
Unfortunately in 2003 you can seem to edit anything in the datasheet view and
you can only sort lists or links etc.

I would have hoped that importing these discussion boards was fairly straight
forward. I have googled around for a while and haven’t been able to come
up with any good info.

I'd be very interested in anyone’s feedback or help.

Thanks
Greg

This is an email from Fujitsu Australia Limited, ABN 19 001 011 427. It is
confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was
addressed and may contain copyright and/or legally privileged information. No
one else may read, print, store, copy or forward all or any of it or its
attachments. If you receive this email in error, please return to sender. Thank
you.

If you do not wish to receive commercial email messages from Fujitsu Australia
Limited, please email [EMAIL PROTECTED]