Nice one Aaron :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Aaron Cunnington
Sent: Tuesday, 1 April 2008 2:47 PM
To: listserver@ozMOSS.com
Subject: RE: [OzMOSS] Importing 2003 discussion boards to moss

We had the same issue, however, by saving a discussion board as a template
the content of the board is formatted as XML and can be semi-automatically
imported. To get the XML data:
1.      Save the board as a template:
a.      Modify settings and columns.
b.      Save discussion board as template
2.      Click through to the templates list and download the resulting STP
file.
3.      Change the STP extension to CAB (a cab file is like a ZIP file).
4.      Open the CAB file and extract the manifest.xml file it contains.
This has the posts in XML format.
This approach will work not only for discussion boards (although it is
particularly useful for them) but for other lists, too. We have created a
custom application that will import data contained in a manifest file. The
application must run on the MOSS server, this allowed us to maintain all the
data and metadata (created by, date, modified etc) into the new MOSS
environment.

Cheers

Aaron