Hi Paul

What about site collection administrators for that site collection? That can
also be done via Central Admin in application management.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Paul Noone
Sent: Wednesday, 16 July 2008 6:47 AM
To: listserver@ozMOSS.com
Subject: [OzMOSS] Permissions - at a loss

Hi all,

I'm trying to manage permissions on a legacy MOSS site. I've added myself to
the Farm Administrators (the only group available for adding users) through
Central Admin as well as directly. I've also added myself directly to the
Permissions list and applied Full Control, Design.

However I'm still unable to view or manage certain groups (i.e. Owners) in
the People and Groups screen of the site collection. I continue to receive
the "You do not have permission to view the membership of the group"
message.

Do I need to physically add myself to the domain admin group in AD as well?

Kind regards,

Paul