I've just completed the exercise of moving the MOSS 2007 system
databases from one SQL Server to another.  I've struck the problem of
event id 3760 in the server application log, on the MOSS server, where
it's trying to locate the Sharepoint_Config database on the old
(original) server.  Web searches on this problem seem to suggest the
only fix for this is to hack the Objects table in the Sharepoint_Config
database and replace the details for the old database server entry with
those of the new database server.

Has anyone else had this problem and had to go down this path or is
there another way?

Mark Leonard