From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew Cosier [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 8 September 2008 3:18 PM
To: listserver@ozMOSS.com
Subject: [OzMOSS] RE: SharePoint 2007 2 Server farms?

Hi Peter,

You should have a poke around on technet, where you will find detailed
information about the supported farm topologies.  Here’s a starter link for you:

I’d highly recommend having a dedicated database server (if you only get one
new box, use it as a DB server for sure), and you’re then in ‘small farm’
territory.  I have found that this is mostly adequate, but it all depends on
your capacity.

There’s a heap of capacity planning documentation on technet as well, which
should help you determine what type of topology will suit you best.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Matthew Cosier