Well, actually that's a perfectly fine way of doing it :)

At the moment there is no built in way of doing dynamic bitmap images... How
ever, Joe Stegman has a PNGEncoder/Dynamic Image generation sample at
http://blogs.msdn.com/jstegman/archive/2008/04/21/dynamic-image-generation-in-silverlight.aspx,
but I still think your approach gives the best result.

Also, thanks for the great mentioning of my YouCard demo in your post from
REMIX Melb :)

Cheers,
Jonas