Personally, I'd be strongly disinclined to bond neutral to anything on a
boat. Unlike ground lines, neutral lines are supposed to be carrying
current as a matter of normal operations. Since the lines aren't
superconductive, there is resistance, so there will be voltage between
points on the line. So if something neutral comes into contact with the
water, there will be an AC voltage between it and whatever neutral's
been bonded to. Supposing that the bond is to the engine (or in the
case of a metal boat, the hull), half the time, the prop shaft will have
a positive voltage relative to the accidentally submerged "neutral".
Noting also that losing up to 10% of voltage in transmission is
generally considered acceptable, this could be as much as 12Vrms on a
120VAC system. So this will corrode the prop shaft that half of the
time, and pretty soon the stuffing box is going to be irrecoverably
leaky and the boat may sink (I don't think I even need to talk about a
hull bond here).

This isn't as much of a problem with a DC system, because the
engine/hull/etc. get bonded to the negative side of the circuit, and
negative potentials accumulate metal rather than corroding. You're still
going to be screwed if the positive side of the DC system gets shorted
to the sea via, say, a through-hull, but it you have a line or a device
that just gets submerged (e.g. a leak/short gets formed in the depth
sounder, or the knotlog impeller) you just lose the wire/device (which
it's pretty safe to assume would happen anyway, since the damned thing
fell in the drink already).

Now some of you are probably wondering about the half the time that the
AC system would give the engine/hull bond a negative voltage; wouldn't
that deposit back the metal that got corroded off when it was positive.
Well sure, sort of. Of course the metal that gets accumulated back to
replace the corroded metal won't necessarily be the same metal that came
off (after all, in salt water, there's all that sodium kicking around,
so what are the odds that all the ions sticking to the shaft and turning
back into metal as they get electrons from the bond, are going to be
from the bronze/stainless/etc. that you just sloughed off). On top of
that, your metal will completely lose any temper that it had, and has a
decent chance of ending up all spongy and brittle. So even if your prop
shaft doesn't dwindle down to the thickness of a toothpick, there's a
good chance that you'll be able to just plain snap it in half after a
while (ditto for metal hulls, and wouldn't that ever suck).

So unless someone can give me a really compelling reason to bond my AC
neutral, I'll be keeping those lines ungrounded, and solidly
mechanically seperated from any machinery, through-hulls, etc. that
might carry current to the water if shorted to either of the lines. (And
if you didn't pick it up from what was mentioned above, it's also a
really good idea to keep your positive DC wires the hell away from
anything like that too, lest they get shorted to some (through-)hull.)

Cheers,
Kris