Does anyone on a sailboat use a non-gimbaled stove? If so,
        how do you deal with cooking under sail?

We have only a cooktop on our tri. That said, we picked up a Swiss made cooktop stove. It looks like a biscuit pan with roundish bottom and top. When you open it, there is an inner pan on a spacing rack. The bottom outside piece has a hole in the bottom to allow the heat to enter the enclosure and surround the inner pan, which in turn holds the object being cooked. There is an adjustable vent in the top to try to control temperature. It works great once you learn the temp control...

This all said, we seldom cook in it while at sea.