We had a very similar problem on Arione last year. Thought it was a
fuel line - a pinhole or something letting air into the line. Since
the lines were rock hard and old enough to drink, had them all
replaced in San Jose Del Cabo at not small expense. Problem persisted.
A mechanic in La Paz (who spoke not a word of English, and our Spanish
was rather, um, limited, at that point) traced it a a dying solenoid -
it was slowly closing as it died - not every time, not in a consistent
manner, but definitely dying. The guy was one of those people where
watching him work made it clear that he was a freaking mechanical
genius - he very methodically traced the problem back to the source.
He replaced the solenoid and we've been good to go ever since. worth
checking. Could also be a problem with the solenoid getting current,
which he also checked. Lines are the most obvious thing to check, but
if there's nothing obviously wrong with them, I'd investigate other
possibilities before you do what we did (replacement).

If anyone finds themself in La Paz, Mario, at Marina Palmira, who's
become our mechanic of choice, is a great guy and really knows his
stuff. You do need to speak at least a little Spanish, though.