On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 11:26:07AM -0400, Norm wrote:

> How about tying a knot in the positive wire, (or a red tie wrap if it is too
> big for a knot).

Doesn't that confuse them little electron thingies running through them
wires? I mean, I thought that's what "DIRECT" current meant - ya gotta
keep them wires as straight as you can!

Also, don't set your batteries on the ground, or even concrete. That
GROUNDS THEM OUT, and then they won't be any good. Kinda like snap peas
towards the end of the harvest - all wrinkly and limp, and not much
flavor...

(Maybe we should start a "Bad Advice" wiki, too. :)

> I wonder if there is a way to have an on-line data base that we could simply
> add to, like Wikipedia?

Easy enough:

http://okopnik.com/LAwiki

Your last post has been added under "Mechanical Tips". Anyone who would
like to add to the Wiki, please contact me for a password. :)

Ben
--
                       OKOPNIK CONSULTING
        Custom Computing Solutions For Your Business