Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On 7/31/10 7:25 PM, J. Greenlees wrote:
>> I can and will build seamonkey and test it, it's not difficult.
>> but until the Seamonkey team can resolve the TSAR problem with the 2
>> series, the only fix is to use the menu sequence File/Quit or [Ctrl]-Q
>> to exit it if you have accessed the mail/news component. and restart
>> Seamonkey to get back to working on the build.
>
> Have you been watching their development progress in general?

A bit, since I noticed the TSR activity and reported it to them.
I don't know their code base nor Mozilla / gecko well enough to make any
attempt to fix the problem by code.
A fairly simple [ I think ] addition to the window destructor to check
for other open windows and if none kill the process entirely.

The mail news is meant to stay active after it's shut down, to continue
checking for new mail.

The entire suite shutting down at the [Ctrl]-Q or File/Quit is a
different bug. It should rightly only kill off the active window, to me
at least.

>> these are the things that need to be figured out and agreed on before
>> working on the cd and the seamonkey included on it.
>
> yes, I agree.
>
> Jeremy

Now if we could get others to offer input on which GUI apps to include,
and which GUI to use it would help :D