Thanks for the thoughts everyone. It would be nice to reply to everyone
individually, but I don't have that kind of time tonight. I did read all
the comments though and they have all affected my thoughts on this.

I agree with Dan's sentiment that purpose is key. That needs to be
defined clearly and then kept at the fore. Once the purpose is known,
then many of the other excellent comments and suggestions can fall into
place within the scope of the purpose. So let's postpone some of the
other items for now and discuss purpose. And actually, after some
thought, I think the purpose is fairly simple and straightforward.

Originally, the CD came about because of the general sentiment that
installing a host distro to get started building LFS was annoying. Doing
so usually meant you couldn't use the whole hard drive for LFS without
doing some crazy acrobatics. A secondary purpose was to have a nice
packaged way to download the book, the sources you needed and a host OS
all in one shot. If you were forced to work offline, you had everything
you needed.

I think those reasons are still essentially the main ones. Merge them
together and generalize it a bit, and what you get is:

'Provide a packaged system that equips a user with the tools they need
to build LFS and obtain online support while building.'

What do you think? Can it be improved? Does it miss any purpose that the
LiveCD should try to fill?

I have many other thoughts, but I'll hold them until we're done
discussing the stated goal.

Thanks,

Jeremy