On 24/01/13 09:30, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:21:30 +0000, Sebastian Arcus wrote:

I've been running a Buffalo router since I got fibre some 18 months
ago and it's been rock solid. It comes with a choice of firmwares
"Easy" and "professional". No idea about the former (I'm allergic to
easy) but the latter is DD-WRT and works well.

Thanks Neil. Would you say wireless coverage is fair compared to other
makes/models?

Yes. It copes with my odd-shaped house and poor router location no worse
than any other device I've used. My only criticism of it in this respect
it that you cannot use replacement antennae.

Thanks Neil. Useful stuff. In all fairness, plenty of routers from other brands are using internal or non-replaceable external antennae, so I suppose it can't be levelled as a criticism specifically against Buffalo.