On 28 January 2015 at 12:55, Savolainen, Petri (NSN - FI/Espoo)
<petri.savolai...@nsn.com> wrote:

> [...]
No I didn't hear, my wifi router stopped working and had to be reset...

> e.g.
>
> size_t odp_cpumask_to_str(const odp_cpumask_t *mask, char *str, size_t len);
Better to use ssize_t then?

> size_t len, out;
> char str[SIZE];
>
> len = sizeof(str);
>
> out = odp_cpumask_to_str(mask, str, len);
>
> if (out > len) {
Simple yes. But we just defined the convention that we use negative
values to indicate failures. Why not follow that here?
To use positive values to indicate both success and error conditions
seems confusing to me. snprintf is not a good example here.